Stephanie joined Fencer in 2020 to enforce its IP Portfolio Management department. She brings extensive experience as a Benelux and EU Trademark and Design Attorney with her. Stephanie has notable knowledge in managing large international trademark portfolios and provides clients with legal and strategic advice on the maintenance, protection and optimization of their IP portfolios. She conducts legal proceedings relating to designs, trademarks as well as domain names before the BOIP, EUIPO and WIPO.
Prior to joining Fencer, Stephanie worked as a trademark and design attorney for a large Pan-European firm. Besides managing her own client portfolio, she was responsible within the firm for knowledge management, and she often gave presentations to internal and external clients on IP related topics.
During her years as a lawyer, Stephanie also performed an inhouse assignment at a large Belgian company, where she helped the client with the administration of its IP portfolio, and where she further developed her business-oriented approach.
- BMM (Benelux Association for Trade Mark and Design Law)
- ECTA (European Community Trademark Association)
- De prima facie geldigheid van Europese octrooien bevestigd door het Hof van Cassatie. Wat nu?, RABG 2012, 1404-1407
- Pippi Langkous zet de boel weer op stelten. Auteursrechten op fictieve personages, RABG 2011, 1304-1306
- IP and Competition Law in Belgium, Getting the Deal Through 2009, 2010, 2011